Friends of China Camp – Spring 2021
PARK REOPENING UPDATE
Our trails, picnic areas, and campground are now open
by Sheila Coll
As of our press date, Marin County has entered Tier 3 (“orange tier”) of California’s State Blueprint for a Safer Economy. That means Friends of China Camp can reopen most of the park’s facilities. So pack your picnic basket, bring your face masks, and get out into the sunshine to explore. See the new changes below to help you plan your visit.
Day use: what’s open
- All trails, picnic areas, and Back Ranch Meadows Campground are now open.
- Village Museum is open (no more than 10 visitors at a time).
- Village Cafe is open 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekends for ice cream, drinks, and sandwiches.
- China Camp Visitor Center is open (no more than two visitors at a time).
Day-use area reservations
Reservations are now available at Buckeye Point, Weber Point, and Miwok Meadows. Note that special limitations and group size restrictions may apply at all locations. For more information and to reserve, contact FOCC’s Program Director Sheila Coll at scoll(at)friendsofchinacamp.org.
- Reservations for weddings, memorials, and other religious ceremonies are now being accepted.
- Special event permits are now available for outdoor recreation agencies and youth groups (limitations may apply).
Back Ranch Meadows Campground
All 33 sites in our beautiful campground have reopened. Here are details.
- Reserve your site in advance at ReserveCalifornia, or call 800.444.7275.
- Same-day reservations may be available at the campground on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Reservations are not available at the group campsite until further notice.
Read more articles in our Spring 2021 newsletter.