Park Champion Volunteer Event
October 2 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
Join other volunteers on our first Park Champions event of the year, sponsored by the California State Parks Foundation (CSPF) in partnership with Friends of China Camp. This is the perfect opportunity to get a great workout, enjoy nature, and help out our park all at once.
For this event, we’ll focus on grooming 1-2 miles of our popular multi-use trails. We’ll cut back overgrowth, weed-whip encroaching plants, rake off slough, break down berms, and restore trails to their full width. Your efforts will improve visibility and help reduce runoff and erosion once winter rains arrive (hopefully).
Date: Saturday, October 2nd
Time: 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Please note: Proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test within 48 hours of the event is required for participation.
- Please register on the CSPF website. Once registered, you will receive additional information about what to bring (in addition to your can-do attitude) and where to meet.
- Wear long pants, long-sleeve shirt, and close-toed shoes. Bring a mask and work gloves. A hat and sunscreen are advised.
- Ages 14 and older welcome (minors must be accompanied by an adult and bring a waiver signed by a legal guardian).
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to allow time to park and check in. Be sure to bring your signed waiver (included with your registration).