Want a meaningful way to give back to China Camp State Park? Become a Friends of China Camp volunteer. There are plenty of ways to support the park, from easy trail maintenance, to guiding hikes, to staying at our beautiful campground as a seasonal camp host.
You don’t need any experience to join us, but if you do have a special skill, we can likely find just the job for you. Here are just some of the ways to get involved:
- Become a seasonal camp host. If you have your own RV, enjoy helping people, and have the time, come host at China Camp. We are now accepting applications for camp hosts; current openings (typically for a six-month stay) begin July 2021, March 2022, and May 2022.
- Serve as a trail ambassador. Help monitor trails to make sure they’re safe for all users. Report any problems, like unsafe surfaces or fallen trees.
- Become a museum docent. Answer visitor questions and lead cultural history tours.
- Work in the campground kiosk or visitor center. Greet visitors, provide helpful suggestions and information, and encourage visitors to purchase annual park passes.
- Join the park maintenance team. Keep trails and facilities looking spiffy throughout the park.
- Serve as a natural history docent. Share your knowledge on plants, animals, and ecosystems on walks and talks.
- Support our administrative and media teams. From one-off tasks to major projects, your help and skills can make a huge impact.
For more information, fill out and submit our online volunteer signup form. We’ll review your submission and get back to you with details about our next volunteer orientation (August 14). China Camp thanks you!